none
Windows Server 2012 R2 over Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I accidentally installed Windows Server 2012 R2 onto hard drive instead of CD/DVD drive in the BIOS so it has replaced my Windows 7 OS. How to I recover or restore Windows 7 since I can't access system restore or recovery on Windows Server 2012 R2. I'm trying not to panic but I am thoroughly scared I may have lost Windows 7 completely. Thank you for any help. 

Monday, October 26, 2015 4:42 PM

Answers

• I accidentally installed Windows Server 2012 R2 onto hard drive instead of CD/DVD drive in the BIOS so it has replaced my Windows 7 OS. How to I recover or restore Windows 7 since I can't access system restore or recovery on Windows Server 2012 R2. I'm trying not to panic but I am thoroughly scared I may have lost Windows 7 completely. Thank you for any help. 

Unfortunetely if you practically installed Server 2012 R2 on to the Hard Drive AND you deleted or written-over the existing partition, there is no going back.

Maybe you did not write over the existing partition.  Could you provide more details of what you see in your "Computer" Windows...  such as, does your new OS have a different drive letter other than C:\ ?

Monday, October 26, 2015 5:31 PM