Viedo Issues with Dula boot configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Intel mother board 865GHR with built in Video that works fine with the DB configuration but it does not give me the full benefits of Vista so I purchased an ATIRadeon 9550 w/256MB This card works fine if I have just XP installed or just Vista but when i install it after fully configuring the dual boot settings successfully with the built in video the ATI card will not Fire or turn the monitor on only the on board works.

I have unistalled both both operating systems and reinstalled them seperatly and have verified the video card sdoes work but only in a single operating system inviroment.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:24 PM

All replies

• Have you tried installing the latest ATI drivers? Have you disabled the on board video in the Bios?
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:31 PM
  • Yes I loaded the latest drivers and I looked at the bios but there does not seem to be any place to disable the built in video any ideas?
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 5:46 PM
  • If you can't disable it in the bios, try disabling the on board in device manager.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:13 PM
  • I verifed that I can not disable the video in the bios only change the size of memeory used or PCI or AGP so I diasable it in the control panel and reboot but that did not work either. Anything else I can try? If not do you think it is motherboard or video card related? I can not install the latest updates for the video card because it is not detected when I reun the update because the card is not in the system because I cant get the monitor to come on if the video card is installed out of either port the built in or the new video card.
    Monday, February 26, 2007 1:01 AM
  • Jim  I have not heard back any suggestions?
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 5:36 PM
  • Maybe try this. Remove the ATI card from the computer. Boot into XP, open Device Manager, find your on board graphics controller,double click to view properties and select disable. Turn off computer, install ATI card ( don't forget to plug power to the card ), plug monitor into ATI card, boot into XP. The "Found New Hardware Wizard" should appear. If it does, close it, find the ATI drivers and install them. If this works, boot into Vista and disable on board graphics controller in Device Manager and reboot back to Vista. Vista should see the ATI card now and you can install the drivers as before.
    Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:40 PM