unable to type until hitting ctrl-alt-del RRS feed

• Question

• Starting on Friday, 7/9/2010, I am unable to type using the keyboard when I reboot or startup.....this also occurs sporadically the entire time I am on.  It appears to be a hotkey or sticky key issue, but I have disabled the sticky key's using the 'ease of access center'. (I say it appears to be a hotkey issue, because if I hit the H key, my browser history is displayed....etc). The only way I've found to get my keyboard to act normally again, is by hitting ctrl-alt-del, then canceling out.  When my desktop returns, I can type normally again.  This happens with both the laptop and external keyboards.  I have a HP Pavilion Dv7 laptop, running win7 64-bit os.  I have reinstalled all drivers and installed all windows updates. I've scanned for viruses and malware. I have the touchpad disabled.

I am unable to type in all applications - IE8, Google Chrome, Messenger, Office products, everything....until hitting ctrl-alt-del.  It presents on startup, after exiting sleep or hibernation modes, and sometimes when switching applications (often, but not always and not always the same applications). This is very frustrating.

Monday, July 12, 2010 3:24 AM

Answers

All replies