none
how do I get IE 11 to open in the same window on the task bar? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I get IE 11 to open in the same spot on my task bar.  i.e. IE 11 is on my task bar. When I open it, it opens in a new place on the end of the task bar.  Microsoft Outlook, Windows Explorer, Quicken, Adobe, etc,, all on the task bar open right at there location on the task bar; not in a new place at the end of the task bar.

How do I get IE 11, Windows 7, 64 bit to open at the same place as the IE icon???

Thanks

Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:42 AM

Answers

• How do I get IE 11 to open in the same spot on my task bar.

First check your Taskbar Properties. Taskbar buttons: Always combine...

And there is a related option in IE.  Options, Tab Settings, Show previews for individual tabs in the Taskbar.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Seems a strange issue, How about un-pin IE from the taskbar, then re-pin it to the taskbar for a test?

If doesn't work, I suggest you turn off IE 11 in "Turn Windows Features on or off", reboot PC, then re-turn on, check the result again.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:34 AM

All replies

• How do I get IE 11 to open in the same spot on my task bar.

First check your Taskbar Properties. Taskbar buttons: Always combine...

And there is a related option in IE.  Options, Tab Settings, Show previews for individual tabs in the Taskbar.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Seems a strange issue, How about un-pin IE from the taskbar, then re-pin it to the taskbar for a test?

If doesn't work, I suggest you turn off IE 11 in "Turn Windows Features on or off", reboot PC, then re-turn on, check the result again.

Regards

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 14, 2014 5:34 AM