Vista hang and trying Ctrl+Alt+Del gives me "Login Process Failed to Create Security Options Flag" Error... RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everyone,

I'm having difficulties with a Vista Installation on a notebook.

After booting up it randomly takes some time between 2 and 10 minutes and then starts reacting very slowly. You can still move the mous but clicking buttons or starting anythin is not possible. It doesn't matter what software I run. It even happens when I don't start any software.
    Then, when I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del the screen goes blank (black) the cursor is visible and after a while... 2-3 minutes it pops up a message box with the title "Login Process Failed to Create Security Options Flag" and the message: "Error: Security Options".

I tried looking for a solution on the net but all I found was people with the same issue and a lot of complaining about it but no answer to a solution.

Any ideas? I don't even know where to start looking. The notebook worked fine 2 days ago and nothing was installed or removed before it startet happening. Just some excel and word-stuff and a little file copying was done.

It is a Sony Vaio VGN-Z21VN which used to run very smoothly as of 2 days ago. It is up-to-date with updates.
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you added any new GPOs in the AD lately? Any errors in the event viewer?

Victor Constantinescu - MVP Security, MCTS
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:43 PM