Action returning multiple rows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have implemented the rolling up functionality for a dimension (only hierarchy) using the Unary operator linked to a Bridge table via Regular relation ship.there is a second dimension which has a Many to Many relation with the Bridge (the underlying field is same for both the dimensions, only we wanted to have hierarchy alone in the first dimension and other attributes in the second dimension). The ownership stuff works perfectly, but when we try to do a drill through (using action) for the transaction data there are duplicates showing up. This is happening since the Bridge measure has multiple rows for the same underlying member.

Ex:  Child A has 3 parents with different ownership Parent A - 50% , Parent B - 30% and Parent C 20%

these multiple rows are brought back by the bridge table and all the members including parent and child are member of both dimensions

so when i perform drill through action for Child A, one underlying transaction shows up 3 times.

Can anybody suggest a solution to overcome this issue?

regards,
    Kiran

Kiran

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 7:22 AM

Answers

• I have managed to sort the issue by including the Hierarchy dimension in the where clause of the Action. It filters the Result set been returned to the Child A transaction details alone. 

Kiran

• Marked as answer by kiran jack Monday, December 28, 2015 11:08 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 11:08 AM

All replies

• I think the best approach here is to also expose the ownership percentage in the drillthrough and educate your users about this aspect of your cube.

The reason is that you will also get the reverse of this situation, where a user drills through on an amount of $25, but they get back a single transaction of $100 because the filters they had on their privot table had limited them to 1 owner that only had a 25% share.

http://darren.gosbell.com - please mark correct answers

Sunday, December 20, 2015 9:40 PM
  • I have managed to sort the issue by including the Hierarchy dimension in the where clause of the Action. It filters the Result set been returned to the Child A transaction details alone. 

Kiran

• Marked as answer by kiran jack Monday, December 28, 2015 11:08 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2015 11:08 AM