Outlook Forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• User B has a forwarding rule in Outlook. The rule says forward all received messages to User A.

User C sends an email to User B and the email is successfully forwarded to User A.

User A is sending an email to User B, but the forwarding is not working. It's not forwarding to User A again.

Is this by design? If so do we have an article for it.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Meet Jay,

You can try this article

How To Forward Email With Original Sender And Recipients In Outlook?
    https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/outlook/4305-outlook-forward-email-with-original-sender.html

Thanks

EXCHANGE2010, MCSE, MCTS, MCSA MESSAGING, CCNA & GNIIT

Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:27 AM
  • Hi Meet Jay,

From my testing, I get the same result with you: I set a inbox rule for user b to forward mails to user a, when user a send a mail to user b, this mail will not be forwarded to user a. 

I haven’t find a article that explain this phenomenon, but I think it is by design, it is mainly used for preventing a loop between those two mailboxes.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 8:09 AM
  • Hi Meet Jay,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:32 AM
  • Hi Meet Jay,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, June 7, 2018 9:41 AM