none
Dynamic Power Query Help RRS feed

• Question

• HELP!!!!

I have developed a tool based on taking user inputed quantity and creating query based on the user input. The choice of 1 quantity should return data that falls within several ranges based on the quantity entered which will likely change each time the user runs the tool. I wrote several nested if statements but keep getting an error message. Can someone please review the m code below and advise:

#"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Columns", each

if (Stall_Quantity <= 4) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] < 4 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 4) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 4 and Stall_Quantity <= 8) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 5 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 6 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 7 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] =8) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 8 and Stall_Quantity <= 12) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 9 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] =10 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] =11 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 12) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 12 and Stall_Quantity <= 16) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 13 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 14 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 15 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 16) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 16 and Stall_Quantity <= 24) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 17 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 18 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 19 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] =20 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] =21 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 22 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 23 and [Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = 24) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 24) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] > 25) else null),

The error message states:

"The import Stall_Quantity matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference."

Thanks 

I need all the help I can get

Monday, December 3, 2018 1:52 AM

Answers

• Ray

Really unclear to me… The variable names you define in your code are not Country_Criteria, State_Criteria, State_Full_Name and Stall_Quantity

but AndCriteria01, AndCriteria02...AndCriteria04 with the values of Country_Criteria, State_Criteria, State_Full_Name and Stall_Quantity

And where/how do you get/define the values of Country_Criteria, State_Criteria, State_Full_Name and Stall_Quantity?

Monday, December 3, 2018 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Rayz

"The import Stall_Quantity matches no exports." means Stall_Quantity doesn't exist at the time you reference it (at step #"Filtered Rows2" in the piece of code you shared but this might be earlier)

As you did not post the steps prior to #"Filtered Rows2" difficult to say more

Monday, December 3, 2018 5:15 AM
  • Hi Lz. 

Thanks for getting back so quickly to me. Here is the entire code. I defined Stall_Quantity earlier in the same way I defined the other sort criteria.

let

AndCriteria01 = Country_Criteria,

AndCriteria02 = State_Criteria,

AndCriteria03 = State_Full_Name,

AndCriteria04 = Stall_Quantity,

Source = Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="Table1"]}[Content],

#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(Source,{"Latitude", "Longitude", "Column22", "Column23", "Column24", "Column25", "Column29"}),

//Deleted unused columns

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Removed Columns", each ([Country_Name] = Country_Criteria) and ([State] = State_Criteria or [State] = State_Full_Name) and ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] <> "")),

//Filter based on Country and State Input Selection

#"Filtered Rows1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows", each [RPT_BudgetCode] = "SC01"),

//Filter Based on Cost Code

#"Filtered Rows2" = Table.SelectRows(#"Filtered Rows1", each if (Stall_Quantity <= 4) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = Stall_Quantity) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 4 and Stall_Quantity <= 8) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = Stall_Quantity) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 8 and Stall_Quantity <= 12) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = Stall_Quantity) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 12 and Stall_Quantity <= 16) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = Stall_Quantity) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 16 and Stall_Quantity <= 24) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = Stall_Quantity) 

else if (Stall_Quantity > 24) then ([Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors] = Stall_Quantity) else null),

//Filter based on inputed stall quantity

#"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Filtered Rows2", "CostperStall", each Number.Round([Amount_Ordered_Total_USD]/[Total PUBLIC Installed Connectors],2))

//Calculated cost per stall based on filtered results

in

#"Added Custom"

Could it be an error in the syntax in the code. Prior to adding the nested if statements the sort code ran like a dream. Thanks again

Monday, December 3, 2018 8:32 AM
  • Ray

Really unclear to me… The variable names you define in your code are not Country_Criteria, State_Criteria, State_Full_Name and Stall_Quantity

but AndCriteria01, AndCriteria02...AndCriteria04 with the values of Country_Criteria, State_Criteria, State_Full_Name and Stall_Quantity

And where/how do you get/define the values of Country_Criteria, State_Criteria, State_Full_Name and Stall_Quantity?

Monday, December 3, 2018 10:06 AM