none
MDT - TS - App (installation) does not run unless I "move" the mouse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, As the title says, I am having a problem running a sequence that starts an Installation package (xxyyzz.exe)

I can see the TS initiated (installing xxyyzz) , but for some reason it just "hangs" there unless i move the move...once i move the mouse, I can see the application starts to do its thing and completes successfully.

for reference, the application is extremely small and simple, and requires No parameters or switches. the silent install code is simply xxyyzz.exe ..

please advise.

Sincerely,

Luis B.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:40 PM

Answers

• I don't know what you mean by "unless i move the move...once i move the mouse." Move, Move, Move?

Was the TS unable to find the application? Did the Application Hang?

If the Application is hung, can you attach a debugger, or get some logs?

If you have a poorly implemented application setup program that hangs, there is not much we can do, best to contact the vendor of the application for assistance.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:15 PM

All replies

• I don't know what you mean by "unless i move the move...once i move the mouse." Move, Move, Move?

Was the TS unable to find the application? Did the Application Hang?

If the Application is hung, can you attach a debugger, or get some logs?

If you have a poorly implemented application setup program that hangs, there is not much we can do, best to contact the vendor of the application for assistance.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:15 PM
  • The application is found.. I see no errors on application deployment logs.. but.. again, the app only starts to RUN if i MOVE the mouse... there is really no other way to describe it. 

there was someone with the same issue a while back on windows Xp, but I am on windows 7x64

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5911a88a-6846-4684-a0c2-111fbdee25f9/application-install-on-xp-doesnt-finish-unless-you-move-the-mouse?forum=mdt

the application installation proves successful when tested on a pre-installed OS, run both manually and trough a command console with "bddrun.exe "aabbcc.exe" console, so i don't think is the app that is holding the process.. 

please advise, and than you for taking the time to read all this :D

I apologize in advance for the horrible grammatical mistakes that you might encounter.

Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:06 AM
  • Yes, I have the same problem. And most of the time is related to the same application (Read Out Loud, from DonJohnston, but very seldom other will do the same). Sometime it will go through without anyproblems, othertime, if I don't move the mouse, or I don't click on the Installing Progress window it will just hangs(sleeps) there. When I click on that window it moves forward to the next application almost instantly, without any messages, warnings or errors. This happens on a Windows 7 32bit deployment scenario.  Most of the time, after sitting there for 3 or 4 hours, it will go by itself forward, to the next application. Only very few times it will freez there until you select the moody "Installing Window".  TS is finding the application, everything seems to be ok, the only thing that seems to bother is that the "Installing Progress" window isn't selected!!!! (yes, I know, sounds crazy! :( )

• Edited by ZCS2014 Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:28 PM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:11 PM