problem SSL in SharePoint List workflow consuming a service with TimerJob RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using State Machine Workflow in SP 2010 (Visual Studio).

I have a Workflow attached in a list. It will consume an external WCF Service. It contains an onWorkflowItemChanged that will consume the external service again.

I have a TimerJob that will edit the item every day. However, when the TimerJob edit the item, the workflow is unable to consume the service:

System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'url.com'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception) 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) 
       at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult) 
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData) 
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) 
       at System.Threading.Ex ecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) 
       at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result) 
       at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) 
       at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) 
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) 
       --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() 
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) 
       --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 

I got the same service config in web.config (inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80) and owstimer.exe.config (Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN)

The thing is it worked fine earlier until 8:47am

If I add a new item, it will be able to consume the service.. It looks like there is a problem with the certificate from owstimer?

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:57 AM

Answers