Disable prompt to setup outlook profile after upgrade to 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

After upgrading from 2010 or 2013 to 2016 I get prompted to setup a new mail profile when starting Outlook for the first time.  The existing mail profile did not get deleted.  And if I cancel then start Outlook again it loads up with the existing profile and no issues. 

I have MSP with the following settings

Features/Modify user settings/Microsoft Office 2016/First Run/Disable First Run Movie: Enabled

Features/Modify user settings/Microsoft Office 2016/First Run/Disable Office First Run on application boot: Enabled

Outlook/Outlook profile/Use existing profile

I also checked Mail control panel and it was set to use the existing profile.  But I still get prompted to setup mail profile when starting Outlook for the first time. 

Anyway to turn this off and just use existing profile automatically?

Thanks,

Joe

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

>> After upgrading from 2010 or 2013 to 2016 I get prompted to setup a new mail profile when starting Outlook for the first time.  

Does this issue affect all machines in your environment?
    Have you uninstalled the old versions of Office before using OCT to install Office 2016?

If possible, before start Outlook 2016 for the first time, please try to have a look at the registry Editor and see if the Profile name is under the path below:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles\(Profile Name, usually "Outlook")

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 9:19 AM
  • I need to do another test to check, I'll have an answer tomorrow.
    Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:58 PM
  • It is there
    Friday, June 23, 2017 8:17 PM