Dual XP-Xp on same disk and sysprep problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to create an image to deploy on 30 laptops in my office.

All 30 laptops are same model but I need to create a bilingual image with 2 XP SP3 in english and french :2 primary partitions on the same disk and I use third-party boot manager to manage partition on boot (hide non-active partition).

So I created 2 images (french and english) and after sysprep each one, I use Ghost to copy both partition on the same hdd. Everything work well if I boot from the first partition, post prep is ok etc. When I try to boot the second one, I have msg "Autochk program not found.Skipping..." and BSOD after...

Im pretty sure that this is caused beacause of sysprep and modified boot volumes and letters, but I dont understad how the active partition see the other one when the boot mgr hide everything exept boot partition....

Dont know if diskpart with script during sysprep will help?

Can someone help me ?

thanks

• Edited by Alko75 Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:28 PM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:13 PM

All replies

• This may be because XP counts even non-active partitions so if one is C: another partition cannot be C:.

Probably your "3rd party boot manager" does not hide non-active partition properly.

For Win7 on the contrary, any active partition becomes C: so you can just switch the active partition, no need to hide the other one.

-- pa

There used to be some utilities that could hide one or more partitions and you could have multiple installs that all saw drive "C:" when booting up in Windows XP.  I have not used this in quite a while and I don't remember the name of the on I used to use for exactly this type of situation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:07 PM