Ghost Internet Calendars RRS feed

• Question

• For a while, I tried to sync my Google calendars to my Outlook with intermittent success.  I have found another solution to accomplish my goal of calendar synchronization.  If you are interested, i'll share.

However, since then I cannot shake the automatic re-population of these calendars: Some attach with no entries and others don't attach at all.  I delete them and they comeback.  I have gone to every location I can think of to delete and no success.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

Thursday, March 12, 2020 1:54 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Are you using Outlook desktop client?  If so, what's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook).
    What's the type of your account? POP or IMAP?

>> I tried to sync my Google calendars to my Outlook with intermittent success.  I have found another solution to accomplish my goal of calendar synchronization. Some attach with no entries and others don't attach at all.  I delete them and they comeback.
    As I know, no matter you configure your Gmail account as POP or IMAP account, Outlook cannot sync with your Google Calendars automatically. In order to conduct further researches, please provide me with more information about your issue:

1. When did this problem begin to occur? Did this problem happen after you apply your solution to your Outlook? If so, could you please tell me your method so I can help you better.
    2. Can this problem be reproduced if you apply your solution to another Gmail account?
    3. Did this issue only affect the calendars which were synchronized form Google calendars?

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:05 AM
  • Jeff,

I am currently using Office365 and yes, I am using the desktop client.  I do not see the same ghosting in the Web client, so it looks to be client specific; however, I have seen it in multiple versions of Outlook.  I have reconfigured profiles as well and it may be in some settings or cache in one of my mail.  

This has been going on for some while, over a year.  The solution is a third party utility that syncs Google with a designated calendar (Outlook Google Calendar Sync), so there is no reliance on Outlook polling for the calendar updates.  I do not have Gmail as a connector.  My mail accounts are O365 or IMAP.  I have not tried connecting to a separate Gmail account as it is not directly connected.  It seems to be more of an issue with how Internet Calendars are stored and not being completely removed when deleted.

The only effect I see is with the continual population of the calendars as it just keeps adding additional versions of the same calendars that I had tried to create.

That help?

Thursday, March 12, 2020 10:34 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for  your reply.

>> I have seen it in multiple versions of Outlook.  I have reconfigured profiles as well and it may be in some settings or cache in one of my mail.  
    If the same problem exists in multiple versions of Outlook, it seems that this issue may be related to the third party utility or your email account. To further confirm it, as mentioned before, please try to apply this utility to other email accounts and see if the problem can be reproduced. It is also suggested for you to turn off the third party utility and try managing your calendars (such as creating new items) to see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 16, 2020 11:15 AM
  • Hi ,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Friday, March 20, 2020 9:31 AM