Microsoft Keyboard driver problem RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to have a problem with the driver for my keyboard running Vista Beta2

The automated problemsolving suggest i download and install the IntelliType Pro 5.5

Done that been there ,BUT ....... can't install the aplication .... instalation reports that I need Win XP or Winn 2000 to run the software ....... Hmm

Anyone got a working solution ? , since Vista only loads a standard keyboard driver half the time i boot up the system
    Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:05 PM

All replies

• The only solution I could find was to use the 5.2 version. I am using the 5.5 on Xp and it is not any better.
    Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:09 PM
  • Thx

I'll try that and see if that can solve the problem
    Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:10 PM
  • Had a similar problem with MS wireless keyboard and mouse...couldn't select "Previous System" (XP) from Dual Boot menu..(always booted to Vista).  Keyboard and Mouse were frozen.  Guess its because drivers are not loaded prior to Dual Boot menu.  But the KB and mouse worked OK within Vista!  Solved problem by changing to a generic KB and mouse and now can select either XP or Vista from Dual Boot menu.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:48 AM
  •  

No versions of Intellitype seem to work with Vista x64.  5.2 sure doesn't, and 5.5 reports that XP or 2000 are required.  Don't waste your time with 5.2 on x64.

Friday, June 30, 2006 12:57 AM
  •  Gary1913 wrote:
    The only solution I could find was to use the 5.2 version. I am using the 5.5 on Xp and it is not any better.

I'm also having this problem, are you sure v5.2 works on Vista 32-bit?

Thanks

Saturday, July 1, 2006 9:42 AM
  •  Edgardo Rossetto wrote:

Gary1913 wrote:
    The only solution I could find was to use the 5.2 version. I am using the 5.5 on Xp and it is not any better.

I'm also having this problem, are you sure v5.2 works on Vista 32-bit?

Thanks

Yes it does for me
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006 1:00 AM
  • I'll check it out.

Thx Gary

Tuesday, July 4, 2006 1:04 AM
  • Gary, I would like to know how you were able to install it. You are using XP, this problem is for windows Vista Beta 2 incase you didn't notice. No matter what version you try to install, Vista will not allow the install. Don't waste your time.
    Thursday, July 6, 2006 12:12 AM
  • It didn't work for me.
    Thursday, July 6, 2006 10:31 PM
  • I cannot get either 5.2 or 5.5 to work with Vista Beta 2.  I coaxed it to the install after some tweaking but then at the 'choose which keyboard'  there are no options.  So no, it does not work for me.
    Friday, July 7, 2006 7:14 PM
  •  culejim wrote:
    Gary, I would like to know how you were able to install it. You are using XP, this problem is for windows Vista Beta 2 incase you didn't notice. No matter what version you try to install, Vista will not allow the install. Don't waste your time.

Yes I do Know what OS I am using. It is Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 and the Keyboard and Mouse Drivers version 5.2 installed perfectly off of the CD that came with them. Where did you get the idea I was using XP? I never posted that.

I did say that I was using 5.5 on Xp and it is not any better than 5.2
    Saturday, July 8, 2006 10:57 AM
  • Yes this is exactly what I tried, I set the installer in compatibility mode for XP/2000 and it runs, but when it comes to choosing your keyboard/mouse it doesn't show anything.

Bah I really miss the keys on my keyboard :)
    Saturday, July 8, 2006 2:06 PM
  • I have Intellitype 5.5 working perfectly on Vista 5384 and all my keys work.

It meant downloading the drivers again - instructions I found are here.

Intellipoint doesn't really work - seems to screw up on my mouse, but then the main thing I wanted was my custom keys back.

Saturday, July 8, 2006 11:41 PM
  • Nice catch and nice fix, The bad news for me is my keyboard is just old enough not to be on the list.  Having a Microsoft keyboard not work properly on a Microsoft OS is uniquely frustrating.

David

Sunday, July 9, 2006 10:49 PM
  • I did find a link to the Intellitype -->  5.0  <-- drivers.  They worked for me!  Not 5.2 or 5.5 though.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/oempartners/Download.mspx

or

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/oempartners/DownloadResult.aspx?&pid=k_ok&os=WinXP

Good luck.

Sunday, July 9, 2006 11:05 PM
  • What a mess that started out to be, here is a way that worked for me.

Note, this will only work if you have xp as a dual boot

Go to keyboard in control panel, then Hardware.properties.  Driver, update driver, browse my computer for, let me pick from a list, have disk, browse.  Now should have mentioned this at the begginning, but if you are dual booting make sure you have intellitype pro 5.5 installed on your XP boot.  Browse to program files for the xp install, under that you should find the oemsetup.inf file, click on it and answer yes to all questions, bang, boon.  Keyboard driver is installed, my keyboard is a MIicrosoft Natural Erognomic Keyboard 4000 USB and that is what is now installed on Vista Beta 2.

Hope this helps

Glenn

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:33 AM
  •  littld wrote:

I have Intellitype 5.5 working perfectly on Vista 5384 and all my keys work.

It meant downloading the drivers again - instructions I found are here.

Intellipoint doesn't really work - seems to screw up on my mouse, but then the main thing I wanted was my custom keys back.

Those instructions are for 5.2 not 5.5
    Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:30 AM
  •  dIAMONT wrote:

Nice catch and nice fix, The bad news for me is my keyboard is just old enough not to be on the list. Having a Microsoft keyboard not work properly on a Microsoft OS is uniquely frustrating.

David

My Keyboard is Brand new and it does not work with the 5.5 drivers.
    Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:33 AM
  • I was able to get IntelliType 5.2 to work by setting the Application Compatibility to XP SP2.

After booting the Devise Manager now correctly reported my MS Wireless Mouse and Keboard. HOWEVER, when I now try and open either the Mouse or Keboard Icon in Control Panel I get the error message "Run A Dll as an App has stopped working"

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:36 PM
  • Any suggestions? I realize you posted this 6 yrs ago, but I can't seem to load driver w Vista 64-bit OS.  Is there a way to fix this?

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:49 PM