Make Windows Updates REALLY automatic RRS feed

• Question

• hi community,
    I use SteadyState now for years, in fact, the SCT before, and I like it a lot. But with the latest Ms patch days I figured out some issues with windows upate and SteadyState.
    Some Updates need confirmative dialogs, like IE8 as an example given. Hence, the weekly upate cicle is broken, as this one update makes all the process failing and therefore, none of the updates gets installed at all!
    Is there any way of patching windows update or some tweak to make all critical and recommended updates, really all of them, without confirmation, or at least to postpone those that do need an admin OK (and notify the admin)?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:15 PM

Answers

• Thank you for the update and feedback. I will forward the issue to our develop team regarding this issue.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:01 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hi, thanks for the post. For some updates, we do need to click the button for confirmation due to legal factors. I consider using any patch or tweak to accept the confirmation is not appropriate. As a result, though we have Windows SteadyState installed, we still need to click the button for confirmation. Thank you for your understanding.

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, August 24, 2009 6:33 AM
  • I agree with that. but I do not get these updates postpones, it just exitst the update process.
    Monday, August 24, 2009 12:55 PM
  • Thank you for the update and feedback. I will forward the issue to our develop team regarding this issue.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:01 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 1:44 AM