SCSM 2012 Self-Service Portal: Use Permissions to Hide/Show Specific Service Offerings RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to restrict that some of request offering are only show on specific user. I tried the below tutorial

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh519595(v=sc.12).aspx

How to Create a Catalog Item Group

- I create catalog Item Group

- I select all the service offering and request offering that I created which now displayed in my SSP

- All Service Offering and Request have same MP

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh519644(v=sc.12).aspx

How to Specify a User Role for Catalog Items

- I create user role

- In form templates I did not select all Request Offering that I added in Catalog Item Group to test if it will not be displayed on my portal.

- I add my account in users.

When I save and restart the IIS and refresh my SSP those not selected are still displaying.

I only add my name as the user can access the request offering that I add in catalog item group that I created. But the other user can still view that offering

• Edited by newbee_scsm Sunday, October 1, 2017 1:50 PM add more explanation
    Sunday, October 1, 2017 1:09 PM

Answers

• The reason why my changes are not taking effect the user I added are also in Activity Implementer. After remove him in activity implementer when he tried to login  the service catalog become blank.
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:42 AM
    Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:56 PM
  • Hello,

Sounds like that you got this work after you remove the user from activity implementer role. It would be better if you could mark your last reply as answer, it will help other who are reading this post to find the resolution more easily. 

In addition, here is a blog regarding to web portal permissions control, hope it be helpful for you:

http://blog.concurrency.com/blog/w/system-center-service-manager-2012-web-portal-perm

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:41 AM

All replies

• On the created catalog group i add all my created service offering but I did not add all my created request offering to test if those I did not add will not be displayed for the user I added on the new created user role for this group catalog that I created. When I tried it was still displaying.

Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:34 PM
  • The reason why my changes are not taking effect the user I added are also in Activity Implementer. After remove him in activity implementer when he tried to login  the service catalog become blank.
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:42 AM
    Sunday, October 1, 2017 2:56 PM
  • Hello,

Sounds like that you got this work after you remove the user from activity implementer role. It would be better if you could mark your last reply as answer, it will help other who are reading this post to find the resolution more easily. 

In addition, here is a blog regarding to web portal permissions control, hope it be helpful for you:

http://blog.concurrency.com/blog/w/system-center-service-manager-2012-web-portal-perm

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by newbee_scsm Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:44 AM
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:41 AM
  • Hi,

Actually I noticed that when I check the group member of the catalog item group that I created no member was display that's why no service displaying in my web portal.

How can I fix this? Any idea what is the reason why there is no value in my group member even i add service and request offering.

Thank you

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:44 AM
  • Actually I did what on the link you provided but on my part what there is no value display in group member even i add service and request offering.

I used MP: Service Manager Service Request Configuration Library

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 5:46 AM
  • Hello sir, 

I saw another post of yours, and I have replied there, we can go deep there. 

I have checked on my lab, same issue as yours, I can view members when I open properties for the group, but when click view members, nothing shown. I will go deep research. Glad to work with you!

Regards,

Yan

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:05 AM
  • Yes Sir Thank you.

I don't know the reason why when I view members nothing showed. If it will show it will also display in service catalog.

Thank you so much.

I would like to ask also logout is not available in this portal?

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:10 AM