Forefront protection install RRS feed

• Question

• We have endpoint installed on our workstations and a few servers, monitored and pushed from Configmanager. We want to use the exchange and sharepoint product. Is this a client pushed from a server set up just for server products? Are they stand alone products installed on sharepoint and exchange?
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 8:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“So I assume the management console is used to monitor the separate instillations?” – you can use Forefront Protection Server Management Console which providing multi-server management for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server and Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by okydoky Friday, June 17, 2011 5:45 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 8:21 AM

All replies

•   Hello okydoky

Yes, FPE, Forefront Protetction for Exchange, and FPSP, Forefront Protection for Sharepoint are stand alone products that run on the Exchange and Sharepoint servers.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:07 PM
  • Thank you for your response. So I assume the management console is used to monitor the separate instillations? If so, can this console be installed on a server that is also running SCCM?
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:37 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for the post.

“So I assume the management console is used to monitor the separate instillations?” – you can use Forefront Protection Server Management Console which providing multi-server management for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server and Forefront Protection 2010 for SharePoint.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by okydoky Friday, June 17, 2011 5:45 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 8:21 AM