none
Want Troubleshooting Guide for Event ID 10010 - Did not register with DCOM RRS feed

• Question

• I've spent a couple of days on this. I expect someone has written a white paper or a detailed set of instructions in a forum. I would be very pleased if someone could provide a link to a generalized guide for hunting down the problem.

I found these two lists.  However, they don't provide any specific detail such as, if it's permissions, what should the permissions be, how to reregister, how to find the entry that needs checked, etc.
    CAUSE
    1. NTFS permissions have been locked down.
    2. Dll's have become unregistered (check to see if they are corrupted).
    3. The service failed to start or is at either starting/Stopping state (hung).
    4. An application tries to restart the service repeatedly.
    5. Bug in the 3rd party or custom application.
    6. RPC service has "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop" checked.
    7. A dependant service starts before the service throwing the error.
    8. Permission of application is set incorrectly.
    9. Registry Permissions are incomplete
    RESOLUTION
    1. Check the Check NTFS permissions (DCOM) .
    2. With the AppGUID, find what application it is and try Re-registering exe's (DCOM)
    3. Stop and try restarting the service.
    4. Disable 3rd party services and startup items, go thru the process of elimination.
    5. Check for an update from the software vendor.
    6. Uncheck the "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop" within the RPC service and reboot.
    7. 193888 How to Delay Loading of Specific Services http://support.microsoft.com/?id=193888 .
    8. Check the DCOM Check NTFS permissions (DCOM) specific to the application.
    9. Check the Registry Permissions specific to the Registry Key

Here is the specific Event Log:
    Log Name:      System
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date:          9/16/2017 10:40:47 AM
    Event ID:      10010
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          PC1\Admin
    Computer:      PC1.domain.local
    Description:
    The server {DABF28BE-F6B4-4E40-8F40-C4FB26F3116C} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    Event Xml:

I searched the Registry for DABF28BE-F6B4-4E40-8F40-C4FB26F3116C, and found a reference to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\devmonsrv.exe" in the LocalServer32 key.

I hope to find a generalized troubleshooting guide that will tell me what to do with this information.

Cloud Production

Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:26 PM

All replies