none
disk errors,memory dump failures,wudf kernel PnP Erorrs

Question

• all the above issues continued to fill my event logs, by the hundreds and some logs reached 3500 events in 60 days. generally just use up space and driving me nuts. finally I wised up stated reading about software issues and hardware software setup in windows that seemed to not have any thing to do with what was loged on this device and I figured  it out tracked all but 1 issue to 3 separate usb 2.0 storage devices. just to make my point the problem is not always where it apairs to be logged a event logged  detected error on controller device harddisk1/dr1 and or a wudfd Service, driver failed to load on device. and kernel PnP WARNING ALL LINKED TO A SIMPLE SETTING RELATED TO A USB DEVICE NOT SET AS A PORTABLE DEVICE.  All these errors  caused me to try a lot of stupid changes and I had a hell of a time putting humpty memory dumpty back to working order any way I learned a great deal from Microsoft diagnostics services just by opening  the learn more about each diag pack so can you point me to a good read for  helping a user stuck in windows 7

Saturday, March 31, 2018 4:41 AM

All replies

• If you need help the logs can be troubleshooted.

To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:33 AM
  • Simply open control-panel/Adm Tools/event viewer.In Event viewer/system/expand the tree/open each listed,locate a event/warning/L.click on it,look over at R.sub-menu/properties.See what the OS says.Either way,running

Sfc /Scannow  in cmd repairs/fixes Windows files-folders,once its thru,type:  CHKDSK C: /F  agree to restart,type: EXIT  restart pc..Another chk/Microsoft OS chk,would be to run MBSA  even though its a OS security chk,it still scans & recommends any/all needed repairs,microsoft update helps also.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7558

above link gets you MBSA

Saturday, March 31, 2018 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

I noticed that you have many errors generated in Event Viewer, however did you have any problems when you using Windows 7?

We need to combine the problems you met and the logs generated in Event Viewer to trouble shoot the problem.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 2, 2018 7:13 AM