none
Timesheeting - Total task work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When a task has more than one resource assigned, in the timesheet for each resource, the "work" and "Hrs left" fields show these values specific to that resource.

I would like to have a field in the timesheet that shows the total "hrs left" and "work" for that task, and not just the values specific to that resource.

For example, 1 task with 2 resources assigned, total work 20 hours, with 10 for each resource. Currently the "work" in timesheet will show 10 hrs for each resource, however I would like a column that shows 20 hrs.

Thanks
    Jeff
    Sunday, November 27, 2016 5:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,

I just run a few tests. An idea would have been to create a task custom field with a formula equal to remaining work. Then you would have inserted this new custom field in the timesheet view. Unfortunately, the field will not be available to be added to the view, due to the formula I believe. Having a text or number field doesn't change anything.

If you click on the task in the timesheet, you can see the other resources assigned on the task, but no information about the total amount of work.

The solution would be either to ask the users to directly consult the project schedule from the project center, or you could do some code.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, November 28, 2016 8:50 AM