Best way to organize multiple calendars RRS feed

• Question

• We recently installed crestron room schedulers for all of our conference rooms (20 total). These integrate with outlook

calendars. We are currently using outlook 2003, and sharepoint 3. 

Users are able to book the room right on the scheduler, or they email conference services, who then enters in the reservation using an outlook calendar.

I am trying to figure out the best way to set this up, other than having 20 separate calendars (maybe seven different calendars? There are seven floors in the firm, and the conference rooms are spread out on different floors).

I initially thought of setting up a calendar that would show that floor's conference rooms, but some users book rooms on different floors. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:41 PM

Answers

• The thing to consider here is whether the bulk of the management will be done in SharePoint or Outlook.

SharePoint has features that will make this easy such as content types, views and calculated columns. None of these will filter through to Outlook though.

How did you imagine selling this to your users? 

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:09 PM
    Answerer