All critical alerts for custom group RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to setup alerts for 15 servers. I added these server to a custom group and setup a subscription for that group but I don't see any alerts. I have tested things out and if I add all the default groups I get these pages. I need to find a way to only get critical alerts from this group only without getting alerts from other server/clients. 

I also tried to add the server groups that apply (IIS, Exchange, All Servers) but I don't get the pages.

Thanks!

Ken

Friday, April 16, 2010 7:59 PM

All replies

• So some alerts are working if I just select the custom group. I was able to get open and close alerts from 2 DC's by stooping the FRS service.  The alerts showed up in the console first then in my email when I started and stopped them. When I tested this out on another server in the group and stopped SMTP the alerts showed up in the console but I never got an email for it.

I thought the custom group would send all alerts from this group to the email I setup. They are all critical alerts so they meet the alert criteria that I setup before hand.

Ken

Friday, April 16, 2010 9:06 PM