BOOTMGR is missing in Server 2008R2 during bootup process RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have installed Server 2008 R2 in my company.I restarted the Server for maintainence purpose.While bootup it displays BOOTMGR missing.

Let me know the possible solution to rectify the problem.

Thanks all.

Arunkumar

Arunkumar

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1.Insert the server 2008 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.
    2.Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.
    3.Select a language, a time and a currency, a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
    4.Click Repair your computer.
    5.In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the drive of your Windows installation, and then click Next.
    6.At the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Repair your computer.
    7.Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    8.In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:38 AM
  • You can refer to this: Fixing "BOOTMGR is missing" Error While Trying to Boot Windows 7 or Vista
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/fixing-bootmgr-is-missing-error-while-trying-to-boot-windows-vista/

If you do not see the Startup Repair option, you can access the repair option by choosing “command prompt”, then running  “x:\sources\recovery\StartRep.exe”.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:30 AM