Missing "Click here to view more..." Hyperlink in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Community,

i am currently observing a strange behavior with Outlook 2019/365 (April Update) working with an Exchange 2019 CU5. When a user works in Cached-Mode an Searches for Items, Outlook only presents Objects which are cached and tells the user at the bottom of the search result, that the Search is finished. In other deployments i am used to finding a Hyperlink at the bottom of the search results where i can further my search to items on the server.

A kind of similar problem was described by Microsoft in May 2019.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2898376/click-here-to-view-more-on-microsoft-exchange-hyperlink-is-missing-in

The Download-Preferences in my environments are already set to "Download Full Items". Using Outlook in Online Mode i get results which seems to be complete. I reproduced the problem in two environments, one with Exchange 2019 CU5 and Outlook 365 and one with Exchange 2019 CU5 and Outlook 2019.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the current Versions auf Exchange 2019 and Outlook?

Kind regards,

Bene

Thursday, April 30, 2020 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Bene,

So have you set "Mail to keep offline setting" to All?

>> When a user works in Cached-Mode an Searches for Items, Outlook only presents Objects which are cached
    >> Using Outlook in Online Mode i get results which seems to be complete

This is by design. When you are using Outlook in online mode, youare accessing directly the server.

Besides, there are some options in File > Option > Search may influence search results in Outlook.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 1, 2020 2:08 AM
  • Hi Aidan,

thank you for your reply. When i set the "Mail to keep offline setting" to "All" i get a thoroughly result. The difference between Cached an Online Mode are known to us, my main problem is, that i cannot find the link for further results when searching in an Outlook in Cached Mode. We already tested the Outlook Search-Options and could not find a solution. Is there a particular option you have in mind?

Kind regards,

Bene

Monday, May 4, 2020 8:08 AM
  • Hi Bene,

Thanks for your reply.

I researched a lot but cannot find a option in Outlook for this.

In this situation, it is suggested to set Outlook to keep offline settings to a short time rather than All, then close your Outlook client and delete the OST file(You can find your OST file via File > Account Settings > Data File) > Restart Outlook client to re-download emails of a short time. Now see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Monday, May 11, 2020 2:34 AM
  • Hello Aidan,

thank you for your reply. We already recreated an Outlook-Profile an used different settings for the cached mode. Sadly, we could not find a difference in behaviour.

Kind regards,

Benedikt

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:38 AM