none
Windows Update Manager gives me the error "Windows 10 Setup Has Failed to Validate the Product Key" RRS feed

• Question

• My key is just fine, I've even bought a new one a few days ago, yet it still gives me the error. I've ran the Microsoft System File Checker, I have the latest version of Windows, and I've deleted the temp files. I'm at a complete loss, and I can't play my games of the Microsoft Store!!
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please refer this fix:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-setup-has-failed-to-validate-the-product-key

Let me know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:47 AM
  • Just to point out that Windows Product Keys are not sold separately.

Open Command Prompt, and type slmgr /dli, hit Enter. From the output, see the partial PK and verify it's not a Windows generic key.

Obinna C. Onwusobalu ~ MCSA MCTS MCITP

It's all fun and games until someone divides by zero.

windowshelper.home.blog

Thursday, September 12, 2019 12:24 PM
  • Hi,
    For this issue, you should clean install the system. Before installing, you should add a config file to the ISO:
    Extract the ISO to a folder. Open Notepad and type in the following:
    [EditionID]
    [Channel]
    Retail
    [VL]
    Save this as ei.cfg in the Sources folder where you extracted the ISO. Be sure to select all files under Save as type.
    Then begin installing Windows.
    Hope it helps.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 3:12 AM