none
Calendar search (only!) does not work in Outlook 2016

Question

• Newest Outlook 2016 (from Office 365), Windows 10. Search engine (mail) works perfect but when I try search something at Outlook's calendar I always get "no results"; then I see link "find more on the server" - and again, nothing (no results).

But I see what i'm looking for at the screeen (at calendar)!

I've tried to rebuild the search index, repair .pst file - nothing helped.

PS. The calendar is imported (and synced) into Outlook from Gmail Calendar using CalDEV.

Wojciech 

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your detailed Outlook version? You can click File > Account > About Outlook to check it. Please make sure you have installed the latest updates for Outlook 2016.

I notice that your Calendar is synced from Gmail Calendar using CalDEV. Please confirm if the Calendar search is working in other calendar folder if you have. Reset the Calendar view by clicking View tab, Reset View. Then search Calendar to have a try.

Restart Outlook with some switches to have a try. Press Win+R to open Run in Windows, type the following and press enter:

Outlook /safe     Start Outlook in safe mode and do Calendar search.

Outlook /Cleanviews    Restore all default views for Outlook folders.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any updates about your issue?

If the issue persists, please try to install the latest updates which released on March 27, 2017 and confirm if the issue can be fixed. In Outlook 2016, click File > Account > Update Options > Update Now.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:09 AM
  • Same problem. Search box in Outlook 2016 (updated version 1704 as of today) running stand-alone as part of Office 2016 on brand new Lenovo T470s, Windows 10 Pro. Calendar search yields no results, even though I can manually scroll back and find a very simple calendar entry with the search term in the subject. Why isn't something this simple working, and how can it be fixed?
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:03 AM