none
Negative conditions in the Graphical indicators of Project Professional 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

Again I need a help from you.                                                

I have a scenario where I use the following formula: (([BaselineDuration10]/[BaselineDuration])-1)* 100.

With this formula must calculate the following conditions.

>=15     Red indicator
    >7 And <15   Yellow indicator
    >0.1 And <7  Green indicator
    = 0 Green indicator
    >-0.1 and <-7 Green indicator
    >-7 and >-15 Yellow indicator
    >=-15 Red indicator

In Project Professional 2010 values ​​in the calculation is displayed using only the perfect formula (([BaselineDuration10]/[BaselineDuration])-1)* 100. 

I set this example of two formlas described below to simulate the positive and negative indicators charts but without success.

Sample Number1:

IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)=0 and ;0;IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<"-7" And ((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<"-15";">-7 e <-15";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)>"-15";">-15";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<"7" And ((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<"15";">7 e <15";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)>"15";">15")))))

Sample Number2:

IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)=0 And ((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<7;"=0 e <7";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)>7 And ((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<15;">7 e <15";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)>15;">15";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)=0 And ((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<-7;"=-0 e <-7";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)>-7 And ((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)<-15;">-7 e <-15";IIf(((([Duração Linha de Base10]/[Duração da Linha de Base])-1)*100)>-15;">-15"))))))

But by placing conditions on the graphic indicators of Project Professional2010 heis not presenting the information as it should.

Has anyone experienced this give me a help in solving this problem.

Thank you.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:15 PM

Answers

• Actually it should be this. Sorry for the confusion.

Is greater than 15 RED

Is greater than or equal to 7 YELLOW

is greater or equal to 0 GREEN

Brian Kennemer - Project MVP
    DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:13 PM

All replies

• When you say they are displaying incorrectly what do you mean? Incorrect how?

I will say that there is a whole in your indicator mappings. If a field is =7 or =-7 it will have no indicator. Also if it is between -.1 and .1 it would not have an indicator.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Hello Master Brian, good morning.

What I call the post is incorrect in that the graphical indicators can not represent negative values ​​and time to display the information it presents the indicator incorrect.

Example of Project 2010 where I have the problem with graphical indicators:

I need to get the value found by the formula ((Baseline Duration10/Baseline Duration) -) * 100 and transform into a bookmark. The calculation performed by the formula is being executed to perfection over the indicators can not represent negative values ​​correctly identified by behavior that seems that indicators can only represent positive values ​​because they have positive values ​​it displays perfect data.

Example of my scenario.

The conditions were such that I see.

If the value is equal to zero the indicator is green.
    If the value is greater than zero and less than 7 or -7 is green.
    If the value is greater than or equal to -7 or 7 and less than 15 or -15is yellow.
    If the value is greater than 15 or -15 is red.

I appreciate any help from you.

Thank you.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Saturday, June 9, 2012 11:26 AM
  • Read the text at the bottom of the dialog: 'Tests are applied in the order listed and processing stops at the first successful test'

this means that if a number is -16 it will show the color for greater than -7 because -16 IS greater than -7.

So what I would do would be to put my formula inside this function ABS(<your formula here>) so you get the absolute value. That way you dont have to worry about a positive set and negative set for the indicators.

Then do this for the indicators in this order:

Is greater than 15 RED

is greater than 0 <some other color>

Equal to 0 GREEN

Saturday, June 9, 2012 4:11 PM
  • Brian,

Sorry, but I have to jump in. Did I miss something in math class? As I remember it -16 is NOT greater than -7. If the ABS function is used then it will be, but as pure numbers, -7 is greater than -16.

John

Sunday, June 10, 2012 3:05 PM
  • His requirements are that from -7 to 7 is green. 7 to 15 and -7 to -15 is yellow and greater than 15 or less than -15 is red.

so there is no need for two sets (one for positive and one for negative) just use the ABS to return the number and have one set of graphical indicator criteria.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:07 PM
  • Actually it should be this. Sorry for the confusion.

Is greater than 15 RED

is greater or equal to 0 GREEN

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Brian,

I understand. I was just mused by your statement (with emphasis) that -16 is greater than -7.

I think your suggestion to use absolute values is good. It cuts down significantly on the complexity of the formula.

John

Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Yes. I made a mistake. Good catch.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:57 PM
  • Master Brian, good morning.

Thank you for the solution tested here and worked perfectly.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:14 PM