BATV issue RRS feed

• Question

• We have a customer who uses SBS08 but incoming mail is filtered through emailfiltering.com. When sending email to a particular domain, it is rejected because the remote server is asking the registered MX (emailfiltering.com) to verify the sender address, and subsequently the email fails with .BATV failed'.

The question I have is how do I configure Exchange 2007 (SBS) to use BATV style sender addresses.

Thanks

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:27 PM

Answers

• You need to ask that partner to whitelist or create an exception for your customer's domain. I'm sure they've gotten requests in the past.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by redstar1 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:27 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:42 AM

All replies

• As far as I know you can;t configure Exchange to do this natively. 

Sukh

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:35 PM
  • On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:27:56 +0000, redstar1 wrote:

>
    >
    >We have a customer who uses SBS08 but incoming mail is filtered through emailfiltering.com. When sending email to a particular domain, it is rejected because the remote server is asking the registered MX (emailfiltering.com) to verify the sender address, and subsequently the email fails with .BATV failed'.

Stop using BATV for that domain.

>The question I have is how do I configure Exchange 2007 (SBS) to use BATV style sender addresses.

BATV will fail if the address is used in a "call out" verification.
    The address isn't intended to be used in that way. It's not an
    "Exchange" thing, it's true of all mail systems that use BATV.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:55 AM
  • You need to ask that partner to whitelist or create an exception for your customer's domain. I'm sure they've gotten requests in the past.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by redstar1 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:27 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:42 AM