REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION (Questions For Experts) RRS feed

• Question

• Q1) Is it possible to connect remotely to a computer even if the user is in one country and computer is in another (without internet? If Yes Please tell HOW.

Q2) Is it possible to use hardware like printer while in remote connection with a tab or  lets say I am connected with a tablet which has a USB port so if I connect a USB in my TAB will it work for the remote desktop? (usb connected to the tab but should work as if its connected to remote computer -any possibility) If Yes Please Tell how to implement.

Q3) For ex. If I am connected to a remote computer and since my computer is not good for gaming and I want to use the remote computer to play games while the DVD is in my physical computer.....Is there any possibility ??

FINAL QUESTION : Can I connect to windows with an android or IOS devices without internet (PLEASE TELL HOW IF POSSIBLE) and I want to use my local Internet is the remote computer.

Friends whosoever has any knowledge regarding any question please answer me, help required. I will be really thankful to you . 

• Edited by mjyk2030 Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:08 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:07 PM

All replies

• A1- its possible to establish a remote desktop connection even if the user and remote computer in differerent countries but NOT possible without internet coonection... as you will have to use public ip of remote computer.

A2- To redirect devices and resources

1. Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start button , In the search box, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then, in the list of results, click Remote Desktop Connection.

2. Click Options, and then click the Local Resources tab.

3. Under Local devices and resources, select the devices or resources you want to redirect.

4. To see additional devices, or to redirect Plug and Play devices or drives and devices that you plug in later, click More.

5. To redirect supported Plug and Play devices, under Local devices and resources, double-click Other supported Plug and Play (PnP) devices.

The Plug and Play devices that support redirection and are currently plugged in appear in this list.

6. To redirect supported USB devices, under Local devices and resources, double-click Other supported RemoteFX USB devices. The USB devices that support redirection and are currently plugged in appear in this list.

7. Select the check box next to each device that you want to redirect.

8. To automatically redirect drives or devices that you plug in or connect to in the future, under Local devices and resources, double-click Drives, and then click Drives that I plug in later.
      – or –
      Double-click Other supported Plug and Play (PnP) devices, and then click Devices that I plug in later.

A3 - not possible to mountDVD drive on remote desktop.

Yes you can establish remote desktop connection from android... there is an app called, Microsoft Remote desktop app, its very good , ı use it myself too...

Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:24 PM
  • Hello 

is this query has been resolved? 

Thanks

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:18 AM