none
NTDS - Unable to force AD to regernate "Automatic generated" Connection object

Question

• Hi,

I recently demoted one of the AD site and manually recreated connection object between sites as required.

I figure Exchange 2013 does not query AD user fast enough compare to the past.

And I notice one of our Exchange consultant enabled "Intersite Change notification" via ADSI edit.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/canberrapfe/2012/03/25/active-directory-replication-change-notification-you

According to this article, this will not work for manually created connection object.

Service desk is now complaining newly created user does not get populate fast enough.

I would like to see if I can force regenerate "automatic generated" connection objects from Site & services MMC. No luck.

Question:

Do I need to delete all the existing manually created connection object before KCC can regenerate them for me?

Is there any way I can force regenerate these connection object so I can get Intersite Change notification working again?

Much appreciate!

Saturday, February 11, 2017 12:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do I need to delete all the existing manually created connection object before KCC can regenerate them for me?

Is there any way I can force regenerate these connection object so I can get Intersite Change notification working again?

>>>If you want to configure Automatically generated, try to delete the connection, which you create manually. And add the site to the site link list.

To add site to the site link list:

1. Open Active Directory Sites and Services, and click the drop-down list of Inter-site Transport
    2. Click IP, right-click DEFAULTIPSITELINK and click properties
    3. Add site to sites in this site link.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by krishnaaindia Thursday, February 16, 2017 5:19 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2017 3:31 PM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

Best Regards,

Jay

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 17, 2017 6:12 AM
  • Hi,

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters the similar issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:37 PM
  • Hi,

If the reply above has resolved your problem, please mark it as answer.

Best Regards,

Jay

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:29 PM
  • what you can also do is , delete the manually created connection and then go to the domain controller for which the connection was created, and run 

Repadmin /KCC

this will force the <automatically generated> connection to be created. 

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:46 PM
  • Are there any updates?

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:49 PM