none
FAST performance after idle time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I'm accessing FAST via the web service. It seems that FAST, if left alone for half an hour or so, will go into some sort of hybernation state whereby the next query will be returned very slowly.

Does anyone know how to mitigate this? Is it an issue related just to the web service?

Your help is much appreciated.

Emir

• Edited by Emir123123 Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:20 PM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:45 PM

All replies

• Emir,

Potentially this article could help?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2639348

I've had a similar issue with my client and in that case, it was really due to slow SPCertificateValidator.Validate() and amount of time to check certificates.  In our case, it was not via a web service but purely a first query against FAST Search Center after a prolonged hiatus(maybe you could check?).  I don't believe this is specific to FAST, however, you should see the same behavior with Sharepoint 2010.

Igor Veytskin

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Hi Igor,

Thank you for your suggestion. This indeed sounds like a good match for the symptoms that we've seen. To make matters worse I deployment is spread over 6 servers which could account for some other unexplained behaviour which we've also seen.

We will try to implement the fixes suggested.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Emir

Monday, February 27, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Hi Igor,

Unfortunately, the fix suggested did not solve the problem. However, we've tracked it down to a configuration in the query server. Different configuration provide different results with regards to delay, which in our small scale experiment should not make a difference. A Microsoft engineer is on-site to fix the problem. If anyone is interested I'll post the solution.

Emir

Friday, March 16, 2012 9:06 AM