Product Activation RRS feed

• Question

• After installing MS Office 2010 Pro Plus, I activated the product.  It worked fine for about a year.  Now when I open Office, Word, Excel, etc., I get the message to activate the product by internet or by phone.  I choose internet and I get an error message that the activation is up to it's limit.  I have never seen this before.  It's saying I need to activate in 3 days or I will not be able to use the product.  HELP!!!
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

try the activation again, this time, choose the telephone activation option, call the relevant regional number which is offered, and when the automated system answers, do not respond. You will be connected to an operator, and can explain your situation. The operator can validate your product and key for you.

Don
    • Proposed as answer by DonPick Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:22 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

try the activation again, this time, choose the telephone activation option, call the relevant regional number which is offered, and when the automated system answers, do not respond. You will be connected to an operator, and can explain your situation. The operator can validate your product and key for you.

Don
    • Proposed as answer by DonPick Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:22 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:29 AM
  • Not sure if you've gotten this resolved yet.  I by far am not an expert; as I am just going through the process of setting up my company's first KMS host for Office 2010.  I also do not see in your post if when you are trying to re-validate if you are connected to the company network or not.  In my reading I believe you need to be connected to the corporate network at least once every 180 days to be re-validated.
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:22 PM
  • Hi JustMe_Mike,

it's most likely that softball33 isn't using KMS (the vast majority of questions here are from individuals using HUP editions).

Anyway....

Don
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:33 PM