Problems with Adobe Reader DC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

I've tried to virtualize the Adobe Reader DC. From the setup.exe I did extract the msi files and used the customization installer tool like it is described here: https://blogs.adobe.com/documentcloud/creating-a-microsoft-app-v-package-of-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/

I did disable some online features like the update functionality and the integration of adobe online services.

If I test the package on a client machine it seems to work, but something confusing me. If I start Adobe Reader in my sequencer box I get a picture like this:

What we see is that the adobe online services do not appear. Also there is no update functionality in the help menu. That are my settings from the customization wizard.

But if I start the package on a client machine Adobe reader DC looks like this:

On the left I can see the Document Cloud and all the adobe online services are available. If I check the Help menu the Update check is available! :( 

Another issue that I've noticed is with printing. If I open a pdf document only the default printer is available. If I have more printers and want to choose another they are not show in the printer pulldown menu.

//Edit: The printer issue seems to be something else and is not a virtualization issue. Therefore no more focus on that point!

Has anyone a idea why all the features that I've disabled during installation/sequencing process are again unlocked when I stream and open the package on the client?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

• Edited by JFreak85 Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:28 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 4:41 PM