Event id 1182 exchange is not a beta software RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 but I did a virtualization of one of my exchange servers, every hour on the hour exactly, to shut down the Information Store,when I restarted the service but it always came with the following:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: MSExchangeIS
    Event Category: General
    Event ID: 1182
    Date:  1/11/2012
    Time:  3:50:18 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: EX00003
    Description:
    Thank you for your participation in the Microsoft Exchange Server beta program. Your license to use this beta version of the Microsoft Exchange Server software has expired. Contact Microsoft Corporation.

I would like to point out that I did NOT install beta software on the original server. After the virtualization I have added this computer to the domain and I only changed the name and the SID of the server.  can anyone help me with this?

I was looking at:HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-CurrentVersion-Uninstallan entry and i have an entry that beginning with 9161

Thank you for your help!!!!

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:01 AM

Answers

• On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:01:44 +0000, Luis Slash43 wrote:

>
    >
    >Greetings,
    >
    >I have Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 but I did a virtualization of one of my exchange servers, every hour on the hour exactly, to shut down the Information Store,when I restarted the service but it always came with the following:
    >
    >Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1182 Date: 1/11/2012 Time: 3:50:18 PM User: N/A Computer: EX00003 Description: Thank you for your participation in the Microsoft Exchange Server beta program. Your license to use this beta version of the Microsoft Exchange Server software has expired. Contact Microsoft Corporation.
    >
    >I would like to point out that I did NOT install beta software on the original server. After the virtualization I have added this computer to the domain and I only changed the name and the SID of the server. can anyone help me with this?
    >
    >I was looking at:HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-CurrentVersion-Uninstallan entry and i have an entry that beginning with 9161
    >
    >Thank you for your help!!!!

You can't change the name of the server.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Fiona_Liao Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fiona_Liao Monday, January 16, 2012 9:01 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:56 AM
  • I suggest you contact Microsoft support directly. The license related problem is critical and it can only be active/unactive by the phone support baseed on my experience.
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

For the license related issue, please use the contact information in http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/contact-us.aspx. it might be the best place for seeking the answer.

Just for your reference, you may reinstall the server from the installation medium.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:13 AM

All replies

• On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 00:01:44 +0000, Luis Slash43 wrote:

>
    >
    >Greetings,
    >
    >I have Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 but I did a virtualization of one of my exchange servers, every hour on the hour exactly, to shut down the Information Store,when I restarted the service but it always came with the following:
    >
    >Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1182 Date: 1/11/2012 Time: 3:50:18 PM User: N/A Computer: EX00003 Description: Thank you for your participation in the Microsoft Exchange Server beta program. Your license to use this beta version of the Microsoft Exchange Server software has expired. Contact Microsoft Corporation.
    >
    >I would like to point out that I did NOT install beta software on the original server. After the virtualization I have added this computer to the domain and I only changed the name and the SID of the server. can anyone help me with this?
    >
    >I was looking at:HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Windows-CurrentVersion-Uninstallan entry and i have an entry that beginning with 9161
    >
    >Thank you for your help!!!!

You can't change the name of the server.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:56 AM
  • I suggest you contact Microsoft support directly. The license related problem is critical and it can only be active/unactive by the phone support baseed on my experience.
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:07 AM
  • Hi,

For the license related issue, please use the contact information in http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/contact-us.aspx. it might be the best place for seeking the answer.

Just for your reference, you may reinstall the server from the installation medium.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:13 AM
  • Thank you for your help
    Friday, January 13, 2012 12:44 AM