KB2563399 showing in pending list of installation even if they have already been installed RRS feed

• Question

• I have Win 2008 SP2 Standard Servers and KB2563399 is already installed in it during 7/2014 release. I can see them in Installed updates as well. Still when i click on Check for Updates in Windows updates, the update KB2563399 still shows to be installed there. Also it shows pending to install in my WSUS status reports. So far I have tried un-installing - reboot and re-installing the update. If i install it manually by downloading the hotfix, it is installed properly but still shows up in pending list. While if i try pushing through WSUS, it ends up with an error 800B0109.

I have also tried by stopping the antivirus, but in vein. also tried renaming the Software Distribution folder that also didn't help.

Can anybody raise a helping hand here? I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks.!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015 2:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Error 800B0109 means that a certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider. Please check the certificate signing the Update KB2563399. If the root certificate is expired, please download a new one from the AIA.

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 16, 2015 2:17 AM