locked
Cannot add users SharePoint 2007, No exact match was found. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I'm new into SharePoint and I'm facing the following problem.

    I'm runnig Office SharePoint Server 2007. I created a new Web Application using Central Administration and then restored a backup copy from an old SharePoint site that was hosted with a third party provider. I restored using stsadm.exe -o restore -url. The site was restored successfully but when I go to people and groups and try to find and add users I see the old usernames. I used the stsadm.exe -o migrateuser to migrate the old accounts with the new ones and it worked fine. However, my problem started when trying to add new users that didn't exist in the old SharePoint site. When I try to look users it just displays the old users accounts and I just can't add new users and it always gives me the No exact match was found error.

    I thought I was doing something wrong in the restroring process so I tested it out by just creating a new web application and then create a site collection. When I tried to add users to the new site collection it didn't find any users.

    I'm pretty sure I'm missing some configuration to link SharePoint to users Active Directory.

    Can anyone help me...
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:28 AM

Answers

  • Thanks guys, I tried pretty much everything you told me and nothing worked. However, I found the solution to my problem that wasn't very obvious.

    I used the stsadm -o getsiteuseraccountdirectorypath -url to check the path value and it had the old server UO and DC. I changed this property with the new server information and now it's working like a charm.

    • Marked as answer by o.figueroa Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:14 AM

All replies

  • I'm new into SharePoint and I'm facing the following problem.

    I'm runnig Office SharePoint Server 2007. I created a new Web Application using Central Administration and then restored a backup copy from an old SharePoint site that was hosted with a third party provider. I restored using stsadm.exe -o restore -url. The site was restored successfully but when I go to people and groups and try to find and add users I see the old usernames. I used the stsadm.exe -o migrateuser to migrate the old accounts with the new ones and it worked fine. However, my problem started when trying to add new users that didn't exist in the old SharePoint site. When I try to look users it just displays the old users accounts and I just can't add new users and it always gives me the No exact match was found error.

    I thought I was doing something wrong in the restroring process so I tested it out by just creating a new web application and then create a site collection. When I tried to add users to the new site collection it didn't find any users.

    I'm pretty sure I'm missing some configuration to link SharePoint to users Active Directory.

    Can anyone help me...
    • Moved by Jie Li - SharePoint Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:13 PM moving to the right forum (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    • Merged by GuYuming Saturday, January 30, 2010 3:02 AM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

    The stsadm -o migrateuser will only update the login name not other properties. You need to modify the user information in the site.

    1: Site Settings
    2: Under Site Collection Admin select View Site Collection User Information
    3: Modify the user information

    You could also try this:

    http://yoursharepointsite /_catalogs/users/simple.aspx

    Delete the old users and add in the new ones.

    Cheers

    Geoff
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:33 AM
  • I'm new into SharePoint and I'm facing the following problem.


    I think you must deploy SharedServices Provider and User Profiles Import from current Active Directory
    MCTS
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:25 AM
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 12, 2010 5:28 AM don't use full quote
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 12, 2010 5:29 AM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 8:37 AM
  • This is a forum for questions regarding SharePoint 2010. Your question needs to be asked in the SharePoint 2007 forums.

    SharePoint 2007 Forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/sharepoint
    Blog: http://sptwentyten.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:30 AM
  • People Picker get user information directly from active directory and it runs under the credentials of the application pool the site is running in.  Make sure the application pool identity is a domain account with the right permissions to query active directory. If not, change the application pool identity to some domain account which can query AD.
    • Marked as answer by GuYuming Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 12, 2010 5:29 AM
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:56 AM
  • Thanks guys, I tried pretty much everything you told me and nothing worked. However, I found the solution to my problem that wasn't very obvious.

    I used the stsadm -o getsiteuseraccountdirectorypath -url to check the path value and it had the old server UO and DC. I changed this property with the new server information and now it's working like a charm.

    • Marked as answer by o.figueroa Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:14 AM
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:14 AM