Adobe RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the proper message board, since it talks about Toolkit. If not the correct one, please delete it!

I tried to install Adobe, Versions 7,6 and although they were accepted to be installed, after installation, the icons, most of them changed to Adobe Icon and the e.e files were opened as pdf file. I uninstalled it and the icons came back and everything was working ok. I installed Adobe reader 5 and I could open some of the pdf files, but yesterday when I tried to read pdf file and wanted to open by the Adobe, it suddenly took over nearly most of the icons and most of the application do not ru. ( file associations even EXEfile is gone) I un-installed Adobe reader 5 but the problem is not desappeared and practically I have a useless environment, any though?

All the Microsofr application, and some other applications now have blank icon and won't run. OS does not know what to do with exe extensions,..

Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:42 PM

All replies

• As I wrote, all the file associations were messed up after installing and reinstalling Adobe. I did then tried all there were as the help, ... etc recommended, with no result.

At the end I used my Vista RC1 again and installed the Vista, and choose upgrade. It took around 1 to 2 hours, ( ASUS Pentium Core 2 Due, 1GB) but at the end I did not loose any of the applications I had and did ot have to reinstall or activate them again and all the file associations was sorted out.

I am impressed, however what about Adobe? Is it IE7 issue  or the Vista-Adobe issue, if the former, I can use another web browser, but if Vista( since I lost the file associations, then I am sort of stuck, any comment? 

Thursday, October 26, 2006 4:38 PM
  • Thanks for your question. However, this forum is for the Application Compatibility Toolkit. I am moving your thread to the Applications forum where they should be able to provide guidance.
    Tuesday, November 28, 2006 4:57 PM