none
Sharing a file without allowing changes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a file that I need to send to others, but I don't want them to be able to touch my original file.  I've got several projects all tied into one.  I've tried saving a new file and they are still able to make changes to my original file.  

Does anyone know how I can create an entire new file, totally copied over, that will not affect my original file.  

Thank you for the assistance.  

Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:53 PM

All replies

• Sunshine,

I don't quite understand, unless the people you send the file to have write access on your PC, there is no way they can alter your original plan. But, it's all about permissions. What version of Project are you using?

But, here is something you can do. When you use Save As on your file, click on the "Tools" button right next to the Save button at the bottom of the Save As window. Select General Options. There you can set a Write Reservation Password. Other users won't be able to change your original file unless you give them the password. They will however, be able to make changes and then use Save As to a new file name.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, November 29, 2018 8:33 PM