none
An internal error has occurred. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Remote Desktop for months. Very useful. Logged off this morning so a colleague could use Remote Desktop. After lunch attempted to use Remote Desktop and immediately get "An internal error has occured." No other messages. Have not been able to figure out how to fix. Cleared the memory, retyped in remote computer ip address. Same error. Had colleage use Remote Desktop, and they can get in no problem. Cleared out some memore on C:. Rebooted 3 times. Same message. What can I do to fix this?
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 10:41 PM

All replies

• Hi roicenelson,

There are few reasons could cause the issue.

We could perform a Clean Boot to avoid some program block it and turn off the security software temporarily.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Also this issue can be caused that A corrupted CAL license issued to your local client could be the issue. Try these steps on the local workstation:

Delete the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing

Then check your issue.

Meanwhile, if you use a VPN to connect, we need check the VPN configuration by follow the steps in the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/remote-desktop-connection-an-internal-error-has/85e4a82e-b6d1-496e-84c1-eb421764b5cb

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 9, 2016 7:39 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:03 AM