Does any OEM CD-KEY works in any OEM CD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I already asked this question here but I wasn’t trully satisfied with the answeer.

I have a set of 10 computers with OEM Windows XP’s installed and I want to format them all. 

My problem is that I don’t have the CDKEY’s and some of the Manufactures of these computers no longer exist. So the only thing that I have is a sticker with a CDKEY in each computer.
      1- Does Microsoft have any kind of solution for these cases? Like an .ISO for all OEM CDKEYs? 
      2- Can I use any OEM CDKEY with any OEM CD? This way I could try to find one CD and use it in all the computers with the CDKEY’s that I have

Thank you very much in advance once again,
    Mário Dourado

Friday, September 21, 2012 10:44 AM

Answers

• The product key on any OEM CoA where the second line on the Certificate of Authenticity is "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" will work with genuine Microsoft systembuilder/OEM installation discs, assuming of course you are matching the edition of the product on the CoA to the edition of the installation disc you are using (Home CoA PK matches only to Home OEM installation disc, Pro to Pro, MCE to MCE, etc).

http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/pages/refurbisher_programs.aspx#fbid=QhpnOPqt7h4

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 21, 2012 12:58 PM