none
Software Download stuck at xx% RRS feed

  • Question

  • Dear all,

    currently we're facing a strange problem. On some PC's the download of applications works quiet well until a certain percentage is reached. Sometimes it's 30%, sometimes 66% and sometimes it's 80%. The strange thing is that this happens to only a few PC's / installations. The major portion works just fine. The problem occurs regardless if the node is connected through LAN or WiFi. Right now, the only way to "solve" this is to trigger a reinstallation of the whole computer.

    What has already been done:

    - Clear the Client's cache, trigger the SCCM actions => still stuck at xx%

    - Restart the SMS Agent Host -> still stuck at xx%

    - Reinstall the whole SCCM Client -> still stuck at xx% (sometimes this solves the problem for single applications)

    - We checked the boundaries

    - We checked the Logs: In the ContentTransferManager.log, there are some errors saying "Failed get the value of Content_...". 

    Hopefully anyone has a clue on what we can do to get the system rolling again.

    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:34 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Please refer to the link below:

    Troubleshooting content in Configuration Manager 2012

    https://configmgrblog.com/2011/08/17/troubleshooting-content-in-configuration-manager-2012/


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I already had a look at the logs (Clientside, ContentTransferManager.log and LocationServices.log) already and ain't got any smarter.

    Let me give an example:

    ContentTransferManager.log sais: 

    Failed get the value of Content_6cf598f4-8058-49e4-9592-44db3c559924.1

    When looking for that Content ID in the LocationServices.log, everything I get is:

    sRelatedContentIDs is <RelatedContentIDs><RelatedContentID ID="Content_6cf598f4-8058-49e4-9592-44db3c559924.1"/></RelatedContentIDs>. Length = 110.

    How do I know how many records in the LocationServices.log belong to the "same request"? Right before the above mentioned record, there are entries which mention the AD site, some callbacks, a DistributionPoint entry (the next entry after the above mentioned "RelatedContent" recors is a call back with DP's (is this related to that request? If so, the link mentioned in that record does not contain the correct Content ID.)

    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 5:12 AM
  • No one got an idea?
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:29 AM
  • Not sure if this was solved or not, given the time elapsed, but I had a similar issue, where content was stuck at 0%, no errors, just an interminably long time until the content got unto the machine (we are talking days). In my case, the boundary was AD site based, and was not present in the Boundary group (a different boundary was present, there ... skimmed over, didn't noticed.), for that site. As soon as I added the boundary in the boundary group and ran a machine policy update, the application downloaded almost instantaneously. 
    Monday, November 26, 2018 11:44 AM
  • I would take a look at this and see if it helps

    http://richardbalsley.com/sccm-how-to-determine-content-download-to-cache-issues


    Thomas Faherty

    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:21 PM