Performance and reliablity monitor RRS feed

• Question

• In vista, I can place an icon on the desktop with perfmon.msc /s to get the look and feel of that I want. However in Win 7, I need to start,search,reliability monitor and view reliability monitor.
    Is there some shortcut or way to pin this to the desktop?

thanks

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you type Reliability in the Start Menu, you can click & drag the Performance monitor to the desktop from the Start Menu. This will create a shortcut on the Desktop, see pic.

http://cid-f60fbfcb28258801.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Untitled.png
    (pic shows 'Review reliability history' but it works with PERFMON too)

Hope this helps :)

Jeff
    If anyone is helpful, please click the 'Vote as helpful' icon. If anyone has answered, please click 'Suggest as answer' at the bottom of the post involved :) Thanks
    • Marked as answer by David Sherman Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:43 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Perhaps, try:
      control.exe /name Microsoft.ActionCenter /page pageReliabilityView
    • Proposed as answer by No.Compromise Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:26 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Hi,

If you type Reliability in the Start Menu, you can click & drag the Performance monitor to the desktop from the Start Menu. This will create a shortcut on the Desktop, see pic.

http://cid-f60fbfcb28258801.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Untitled.png
    (pic shows 'Review reliability history' but it works with PERFMON too)

Hope this helps :)

Jeff
    If anyone is helpful, please click the 'Vote as helpful' icon. If anyone has answered, please click 'Suggest as answer' at the bottom of the post involved :) Thanks
    • Marked as answer by David Sherman Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:43 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:28 PM
  • Update: It's best to right-click+drag and select 'Create Shortcut' from the context menu.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:32 PM
  • Thanks it work for me.
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:44 PM
  • You're welcome :)

Thursday, October 8, 2009 3:45 PM