none
Unable to save a PDF document after applying digital signature on SharePoint site

Question

• Hi all,

I am currently using SharePoint Server 2013 on Windows 10. I have a PDF document which requires a digital signature. I have opened the PDF document using Open With Explorer and after applying the digital signature on the document, it is not being saved on the SharePoint site. The version of Adobe Acrobat X is 10.0.0

I have the dialog box prompting to save it but it is not being save to SharePoint and it is trying to save it into another location. Please note that the 'Save As' dialog box is not allowing me to type in the SharePoint site. Please see screenshot: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AqYh9MvSy4yWgTwNH9Q4Nrfy_SC7

I have mapped the SharePoint site to a network drive and nothing shows up when attempting to save it. 

Please advise how to save the PDF document on SharePoint after inserting the digital signature

Thanks

• Edited by LiinaaS Friday, March 3, 2017 8:37 AM
    Friday, March 3, 2017 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi LiinaaS,

Check if the issue occurs on other PDF files in the library.

And you could make other changes in PDF file and check if the pdf file can be saved into SharePoint site.

There is a workaround.

You could save the PDF file in the local computer firstly, then upload the PDF file into the SharePoint site.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 6, 2017 3:36 AM
  • Hi Sara,

My steps outlined above were also performed on a Windows 7 OS. But the file was uploaded correctly.

Is there any other solution apart from using the workaround proposed?

Thanks to advise.

Monday, March 6, 2017 6:03 AM
  • Hi Sara,

I have gone through this article : http://blog.bonzai-intranet.com/analysthq/2015/01/checkout-and-open-pdf-files-from-sharepoint-document-libraries/ and it seems that the PDFFix,js works.

Kindly note that I have recently applied the January 2017 patch. Please help me how to solve this.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 9:44 AM
  • Hi LiinaaS,

Do you mean that you use the same PDF file to test in windows 10 and windows 7?

You could use other PDF files to test in windows 10 to check if the same issue will occur.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 9:16 AM