Federation with MS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all,

What will be all the steps to configure federation with Microsoft from SKype Server 2019?

Warm regards MeVs

Sunday, April 26, 2020 11:11 PM

Answers

• any new ideas?

Warm regards MeVs

• Marked as answer by MeVs Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:51 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi MeVs,

If you want to communicate with federated partners, it needs to deploy Edge server in Skype for Business server.

Before deploying, it needs to know the Edge server system requirements very well. Then, you can deploy Edge server as this blog: http://blog.schertz.name/2016/03/skype-for-business-2015-edge-server-deployment/.

After the deployment is completed, you need to verify if Edge server is wording properly.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2020 6:09 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

I've already have and Edge server published, up and running.  I would like to add sip email address from microsoft friends but their presence appear unknown.

For that reason I think I have to make any additional configuration.

On the other hand, I could addred skype personal address with not problem.

Could you help me to reaching it?

Warm regards MeVs

Monday, April 27, 2020 7:00 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

What is the environment of your friends?

If their environment is online, you need to plan hybrid connectivity between both of your environment.

If both environments are on-premises, you could troubleshoot federation as the following blog: https://www.garethjones294.com/troubleshooting-federation-on-skype-for-business-lync-server-edge/.

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2020 7:28 AM
  • They work at Microsoft and I just need to add their sip address to my skype 2019 client and see their presence.

Then, I added them a few days ago and till now their presence remain unknown

What will the steps to fix it?

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Monday, April 27, 2020 9:20 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2020 7:47 AM
  • Or I just have to add a sip Microsoft user's email account to Skype for Business client

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 5:49 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

As far as I know, you need to configure hybrid connectivity correctly. Then, configure your on-premises Edge service to federate with Office 365 or another organization

To configure federation, run the following cmdlet in the Skype for Business Server Management Shell:

Set-CSAccessEdgeConfiguration -AllowOutsideUsers $True -AllowFederatedUsers $True -EnablePartnerDiscovery $True -UseDnsSrvRouting

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:11 AM
  • Hi Sharon

I ran that command in Skype for business Server powershell from Front End Server.

How many minutes do I need to wait in order to see the Microsoft contact presence that I added a few days ago?

Warm regards MeVs

• Edited by MeVs Tuesday, May 5, 2020 11:49 AM
    Tuesday, May 5, 2020 11:33 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

It should take effect for a short time.

Could you add the external users normally now?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:02 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Do you have any update on this topic now?

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, May 8, 2020 7:40 AM
  • yes it did not work

Warm regards MeVs

Saturday, May 9, 2020 2:48 AM
  • any new ideas?

Warm regards MeVs

• Marked as answer by MeVs Thursday, July 23, 2020 9:51 PM
    Sunday, May 17, 2020 4:47 AM