none
"Check Out" option is missing in the excel spreadsheets (.xlsm macro files)

Question

• Excel macro file is not showing "Check Out" option inside the excel spreadhseet in a document library. This option is missing only in some files and not in all the excel files..especially minior version documents.

What could be the cause for not showing the "Check Out" option in the spreadsheet?

Thanks, Anu!

Monday, October 11, 2010 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For this situation, the only thing in my mind is that, you don’t have proper permission to these files (please checking the item permission.)

Hope it is helpful!

Seven
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Anuradha Edla Monday, October 25, 2010 7:05 PM
    Friday, October 15, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Seven,

I do have full contol access to the SharePoint site. I am a site collection admin too.

Not sure, what is missing in the document settings...

Thanks!, Anu!

Anuradha!!
    Monday, October 25, 2010 7:05 PM
  • Did you ever figure out why check-out option is missing?  It is happening on some of my Excel sheets as well. I have full rights to the file/folder. When you don't check-out from within Shpt and open the file, some XLS files display a CHECKOUT option under the menu bar....and sometimes it doesn't (you have to close the file, check it out and reopen)
    Friday, March 18, 2011 3:20 PM
  • I'm having the same issue, any solution?  I also noticed if you have excel open first, when you then open the file you do see the 'check out' button but when excel in not open prior you don't.  I do not have any permissions issues on the file.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Hi All,

I'm facing the same issue but with a xlsx file.

We are several people using it and I have the checkout option while other don't but they can still modify it and check it in via the SharePoint library.

They only face this issue with 1 of the files in the library as well.

Thanks

Thursday, March 06, 2014 11:02 AM