Automatic Deployment Rule Suddenly Failing RRS feed

• Question

• Starting Monday my ADR that has been in place since May 2013 quit working. Never had a problem until now. I am getting a Request Timed Out error 12002. Has anyone seen this before. I am around the proxy (we have verified) and nothing has changed on the Firewall recently. What could be causing this? Yesterday I rebooted the server and it started working again, but this morning it wasn't.  If you notice, some of the downloads go through. 

Additionally, the last error code I get shown on the ADR is 0x80072EE2 - Network Connection: Windows Update Agent encountered transient network connection-related errors.

Below is what is shown in ruleengine.log

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:50 PM

Answers

• Thanks everyone but after putting in a support call with MS (which they couldn't figure out why it was happening either) it suddenly started working again. Very odd. Sorry to anyone who relies on this post for their own troubleshooting. We literally changed nothing.
    • Marked as answer by gwchandler Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error 12002 translates to the operation timed out, could it be that you have proxy or firewall ijn between which suddenly blocks the traffic?

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:19 PM
  • That's what I assumed, but I am around our proxy so that is not the problem. And we have made no changes to our firewall which would suddenly prevent it from connecting.
    Wednesday, February 5, 2014 7:21 PM
  • What the patchdownloader.log says? The log file should tell us more detailed info.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:07 AM
  • Juke, the following error is what I receive:

ERROR: DownloadContentFiles() failed with hr=0x80072ee2 Software Updates Patch Downloader 2/6/2014 1:10:29 AM 7352 (0x1CB8)

Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:59 PM
  • The error means time out. Can the package be downloaded maually?

Anyway, it means the connection has some problems to Windows update server.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, February 7, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Thanks everyone but after putting in a support call with MS (which they couldn't figure out why it was happening either) it suddenly started working again. Very odd. Sorry to anyone who relies on this post for their own troubleshooting. We literally changed nothing.
    • Marked as answer by gwchandler Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:21 PM