none
$$ Need help with VB Script $$ RRS feed

• Question

• Was wondering if someone would assist with writing a VB script (Sorry not a script writer) to do the following.

Workstations are Windows XP so I cannot use Powershell and need to the ability to input multiple workstations at a time.

Script needs to look through application logs for.

Source: ASourceName
    Event ID: 0

Once it finds this criteria then output it to a CSV file..I would like to preserve everything that is in that EVENT Properties and sorted in columns so I can filter.

Not sure if this is all possible or not...Please let me know if you can a$$ist.  :)

Thank you!

Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for helping to answer scripting questions and as such is not a "write a script for me to do thus and so" forum. If you have an existing script and are having problems, post it and also tell which specific error you're getting.

If you need someone to write a scripting solution for you, you will probably need to pay someone for that kind of service.

Bill

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:02 PM
  • $$PowerShell works very nicely on XP$$

$$Look in the repository for EventLog export scripts$$

$$Learn scripting before it is too late$$

$$

$$

$$

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:24 PM
  • I am willing to pay someone..$$

And yes, I agree I need to learn it..just right now I am in a crunch to this this done.

Friday, February 1, 2013 12:02 AM
  • Here is a link to  the Microsoft Partner Network.  You should be able to find a local consultant here:

http://www.partnerpoint.com/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, February 1, 2013 12:09 AM