Outlook 2016 Search is not working RRS feed

• Question

• We have Office 365 Business with Windows 7 machines. Users are not able to search any thing in outlook 2016.

Outlook version is 1806 (Buid:9126.2336). I have updated outlook, rebuild index but there is no change Kindly advise.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2018 10:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Chetan1403,

For Exchange accounts, do you have cached Exchange mode enabled?

Does it happen to many users?

As far as I know, Outlook search may return no search results for POP, IMAP, or Exchange accounts after updating to Version 1801 (Build 9001.2171). Please check the details in this official article to see whether this is the case for you.

Another possible cause is a corrupted data file. We can repair account data files to see if it helps.

Besides, I’ve noticed that version 1806 (Build 9126.2336) is not the latest version according to this article. We may upgrade Office to the newest one.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, December 28, 2018 7:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:42 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 3, 2019 2:42 AM
    Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:46 AM
  • Hi Chetan1403,

Can you search normally on Outlook client?

I'm wondering if the reply above works for you. If you have further concern, please feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 31, 2018 5:29 AM
  • Hi Chetan1403,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Have you found the fix? If yes, you could also share the update here :-)

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Monday, January 7, 2019 8:44 AM