How do I make Outlook 2016 for Mac NOT show "Yesterday" for Date Received, but instead show the Time received, as is done for "Today"'s emails? RRS feed

• Question

• I sort by Date Received.

Todays' emails look great, because the time they were received is displayed.

Yesterday is a blind mess! Instead of showing the time they were received, "Yesterday" is displayed.

Help! This is cognitively disorienting.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, February 18, 2019 3:19 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2019 10:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to my research, I'm afraid that this is by design that Outlook for Mac will only show "Yesterday" in the list.

As a workaround, you can click on the email and check the received date in Reading Pane.

If you have more concerns on this feature, it is encouraged to visit the Outlook for Mac user voice forum to vote for a similar idea or post your own.

It is a place for customers to provide feedback about Outlook. What’s more, if an idea is high voted there by other customers, Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, February 18, 2019 3:21 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:57 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:02 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:02 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2019 3:19 AM
  • Hi,

Was the information above helpful to you?

If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:47 AM
  • Seriously? this is a great miss. the native mail app does a pretty good job viewing email. simple and shows what you really need.
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:14 PM