none
Unable to install SPMT RRS feed

• Question

• I'm unable to install SPMT on Windows Server 2016 (similar inquiry has been posted a few times before on this forum, no clear reason why this is happening).

When I click on install, a download appears to occur but absolutely nothing happens after that.  I've tried both IE and Chrome (I installed the required 'click to run' extension for Chrome).  Running Windows Server 2016, .NET Framework version is 4.7 (I assume that's ok, as it supersedes the recommended 4.6.2 version).  A previous commenter suggested removing a failed SPMT installation (via Control Panel - Programs & Features), but I didn't find a previous installation recorded there.

I was able to spin up a Windows 10 workstation, and was able to install SPMT there -- but it runs very slowly, so I was hoping to run a second instance of SPMT on the source Windows 2016 server, but no luck so far.

Thanks

Terry

Terry Dawydiak TD Computer Solutions Inc. Vancouver, BC

Thursday, February 1, 2018 4:35 PM

Answers

• Hello Terry,

If you look at the article for SPMT - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-to-use-the-sharepoint-migration-tool-65462df1-42fe-40cf-88f7-e39f82f5130f , the supported OS is Windows 2008 / 2012 and Windows 2016 is not mentioned.  

Thanks - Hari

Friday, February 2, 2018 3:16 PM